You want to use 92250 for Fundus Autofluorescence photography. Check with your Medicare LCD to see what documentation and Dx meets medical necessity. Most Medicare MACs will allow a couple or more photos a year so you can track the progression of a disease if it â€śeffects the managementâ€ť. A lot of clinicians have been using Autofluorescence to track conditions like AMD.
Also make sure that there is a separate interpretation and report for the photos.
Hope this helps.
John Uecke CPC, CPMA, CHA, COBS, CMOM, OCS
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join