Coding the xanthoma/xanthelasma removal comes down to location and size.
If the removal of the tumor involved lid margin, tarsus, and/or palpebral conjunctiva then you are going to use the code 67840.
If it was located just on the skin of the eyelid then it will come down to size.
11440 (lesion diameter 0.5cm or less)
11441 (lesion diameter 0.6 to 1.0 cm)
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join