Thread: Navicular foot Fracture

Smile Navicular foot Fracture

Promo: Code Books
    I don't see a specific CPT code for the navicular bone fracture, would this be an occasion that we would use the unlisted procedure foot or toes CPT code? Thank You. AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhunsicker View Post
    I don't see a specific CPT code for the navicular bone fracture, would this be an occasion that we would use the unlisted procedure foot or toes CPT code? Thank You. AJ
    You would use codes 28450-28465 (depending on closed, open, percutaneous..)

Thanks Bella, I was originally going to use CPT 28450, but just was not sure since it didn't state Navicular in the description. Always like a second opinion..... Thanks Again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajhunsicker View Post
    Thanks Bella, I was originally going to use CPT 28450, but just was not sure since it didn't state Navicular in the description. Always like a second opinion..... Thanks Again!!!!
    your welcome.
    The dx for navicular fx 825.22 links to those CPT codes. Also if you read the description in the coders desk reference under 28450 it says The physician treats a fx of one of the tarsal bones, other thatn the calcaneus or the talus without open sx or manupulation. x-rays (separately reported) confirm a fracture of the Navicular, cuboid, or one of the three cuneiforms with the fragments in acceptable position...etc.

Default 25622

For treatment of navicular fracture, I would use 25622 - 25628, depending on open or closed with/without manipulation "treatment of carpal scaphoid (navicular) fracture."