Many payors limit 90801 once per episode of illness; when the provider first treats the patient for a psychiatric illness. It may be reported again if a new episode of illness occurs on admission or re-admission to inpatient status due to complications of the underlying condition.
Cigna Gov's LCD: This service may be covered once, at the outset of an illness or suspected illness. It may be utilized again for the same patient if a new episode of illness occurs after a hiatus, or on admission, or re-admission, to inpatient status due to complications of the underlying condition.
I would check with your carrier(s)...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join