Since there is no code for a laparoscopic re-opening (control of hemorrhage) I would either code:
49002-52-78 I would type a note on the claim stating: Reduced b/c was performed laparoscopic not open
49329-78 (unlisted laparoscopy) I would type a note on this claim that this was a return to OR to control a hemorrhage.
Either way states the same thing, it just depends on the insurance carrier or your own preference in billing unlisted codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join