Regardless of the treatment offered, all 3 components have to be considered medically necessary. For self-limited or minor problems, I don't see anything over a level 3 being possible. I guess I would need a scenario to wrap my head around a level 4 visit for a minor problem. While I am in agreement with you that a physician charging such a level for minor problems would most likely be considered abuse if not right out fraud, I still see a new problem with no prior history as a new problem. I did not locate any documentation to support your view, sorry!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join