[QUOTE=klbecker;127442]Dr performed an irrigation and debridement on a patient, down to bone, on his right shoulder and back area. A few days later Dr took him back to the OR for an irrigation of the same area. I am not able to find a CPT for just an irrigation. I'm thinking it's included in the primary procedure, but I hate to that to my Dr. Am I right with thinking there is not a code for just an irrigation of a post op wound or am I just not seeing it. Please help![/QUOTE
look at cpt 10180 dx 998.59 then if the 1st procedure has a global just remember to put a modifier.
hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join