Dr performed an irrigation and debridement on a patient, down to bone, on his right shoulder and back area. A few days later Dr took him back to the OR for an irrigation of the same area. I am not able to find a CPT for just an irrigation. I'm thinking it's included in the primary procedure, but I hate to that to my Dr. Am I right with thinking there is not a code for just an irrigation of a post op wound or am I just not seeing it. Please help!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join