Code the visit with the appropriate E/M code based on time if the doctor counseled the mother for more that 50% of the total time of the visit. For example, if this is an established patient who was in the office for 30 minutes, and sixteen minutes was spent counseling, you would bill a 99214 along with the patient's diagnosis. Be sure that the physician is documenting this in the chart as T-total time spent, C-time spent counseling, and R-the reason for the counseling.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join