Billing a c-section as an OP does not make sense to me. That's an open abdominal procedure, for gosh sake. I can't imagine a patient having a c-section on an out-patient basis. I also have never received an insurance denial stating our IP facility POS was incorrect.
For resources, you might look at the ACOG web site: http://www.acog.org/departments/dept_web.cfm?recno=6
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join