Thread: CPC or CPC-H

Default CPC or CPC-H

Promo: Code Books
    Couple years ago, I finished my medical billing coding/billing program, but did not pass my test. Since then I have been working in hospital as Admission/Registration Rep, but now I think I need to take my certification. After reading some post, I see people having diffuculty finding work with certification. I was wondering if it is worth taking and which one should I take? Thank you.

What kind of coding expereince do you have, office or facility? What type of coding are you looking to do, physician, outpatient or inpatient? Ask yourself these questions and do some research in your local area and then decide which one is the best fit for your career path.
    Machelle Morningstar, CPC, COC, CEMC, COSC
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer

Smile

Hi there

You already have an advantage. You work for a Hospital. Now you need to go find out who is the hiring manager for coders and tell her you want to take the test. Ask her the job possibilities after you are certified. Hospitals offer jobs from within and you are already an established employee. Network. Go to charter meetings.

Good Luck

Emmie Gouvisis CPC-A

Similar Threads

1. Hiring ASC surgical coders (Full Time Only) CPC and CPC-A
    By jaimewicklund in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2015, 08:00 PM
  2. cpc-cpc-h cpc-p looking for full time job
    By eeccleston in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
  3. Resume Coding Auditor, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, CEDC, CANPC