73700-73702 are unilateral codes so yes, you would bill it twice for a bilateral exam. as for which modifier to use, it's a toss up! Each carrier is different...some ask for RT/LT mods while others request a 76 mod be submitted and even though this code is not approved for a 50 mod I have received written instructions from a carrier stating that they would only pay fo a bilateral procedure if we billed with a 50 mod!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join