You should look at 0232T, and know what it includes and excludes. It was effective 7/1/10. It has no RVUs and therefore no monetary value for Medicare. Commercial carriers may cover it, but payment may be based on your contract negotiations. There are a good number of coverage polices by carriers that are not covering it. It is also important to remember that it may be considered incidental to other procedures.
0232T (injection[s], platelet rich plasma, any tissue, including image guidance, harvesting and preparation when performed). However, CPT instructs not to report 0232T in conjunction with 20550, 20551, 20926, 76942, 77002, 77012, 77021 and 86965.
The following components are included in the PRP and cannot be billed separately.
20550-20551 - tendon and tendon sheath injection
20926 - tissue graft
76942, 77002, 77012, 77021 - imaging
86965 - pooling of platelets or other blood products
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join