This falls into one of those "grey areas" to say the least. The suture removal requires more work than 15850 (Wrvu=0.78) and perhaps less work than 20680(Wrvu=5.9)
If we go back and look at the "Intent" of the code(s) definition, one possible solution would be to submit the 15850 code, appending a Modifier 22, and sending the Op Report of the procedure. This perhaps will satisfy the surgeon and allow you to sleep a little better.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join