First, I wanted to point out that you are coding nephropathy and not neuropathy. In scenario #1, written exactly as you have it, diabetes and neuropathy would be coded 250.00 and 355.9. Diabetes and nephropathy would be coded 250.00 and 583.9.
In scenario #2, written exactly as you have it, diabetic neuropathy and/or diabetes with neuropathy is to be coded as 250.60 and 357.2. Diabetic nephropathy and/or diabetes with nephropathy is to be coded 250.40 and 583.81.
Hope this helps to clarify things for you!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join