From Medicare’s Global Payment Policy
For procedures subject to Medicare’s global payment policy, payment includes:
Preoperative visits related to the surgery, includes pre-op visits after the decision to perform surgery is made.
NOTE* The same rule applies if it is decided during an E&M that patient will return to the office for a minor procedure (ex, trigger point injection, joint injection) if the patient returns for the minor procedure and there are no other new or unrelated problems an E&M service should not be billed, only the minor procedure.
The initial E/M where the decision for surgery is made is not bundled into preoperative visits but will requrie 57 modifier if surgery is scheduled within 24 hours.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join