Risk Adjustment Coding

1. Post Risk Adjustment Coding
    Exam Training Packages
    I'm a Certified Professional Coder graduated 10 years ago, I do all ICD-9 Risk Adjustment Coding for a nonprofit care management organization in Wisconsin. I would like to make contact with other Risk Adjustment Coders for networking purposes. I would also like to know how much other Risk Adjustment Coders are making with there companies.

Professional Coders of Central Pennsylvania (PCOCPA), Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Hi! I work with Risk Adjustment as well so periodically check the forums here to see if there are any conversations happening relative to HCCs. Someone started an HCC group a few months back but I can't locate it now It's probably out there somewhere... In the meantime, what points of interest would you like to discuss? I have a question for you: depending on how long you've been in the Risk Adjustment/HCC field, can you tell me at what point CMS will adjust their current ICD-9 HCC codes to the ICD-9 changes implemented 10/1? Historically, are they pretty timely with that update?

Thanks,
    Jennifer
    Jennifer (Jenny) M. Oravecz, CPC
    Past Vice President/Education Officer (2012/2011) of Professional Coders of Central Pennsylvania (PCOCPA), Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Past President/President-Elect (2009/2008) of Professional Coders of Tidewater, Chesapeake, Virginia

3. Default
    Hi! I'm also a Risk Adjustment coder. I have experience in HCC, RADV and ACG reviews. I would love to network. I am an independant consultant and I sometimes have questions... and sometimes I can provide answers!

I don't feel comfortable discussing pay rate on an open forum. If you would like to talk email me at cpccoder12@yahoo.com

Default Risk Adjustment Coding
    I am also a risk adjustment/HCC coder. I have a social group set up on this site, too, for HCC coders, though it's really not very active. However, feel free to contact me privately at serhaug@gmail.com

Glad to see there are more of us out here....thanks for speaking up!

Hi all, I am also a Risk Adjustment coder for a small health plan contracted with Medicare. I would welcome any networking opportunities and would be interested in joining the groups mentioned.

kayoren, please feel free to contact me at Jasmine.Stone@ATRIOhp.com about my wages

ETA:
    FWIW, I've been with my company for just over a year and prior to that had no other coding or health care experience whatsoever. I graduated from the local community college with a 1-year certificate in Medical Coding and Billing. I am not CPC certified yet, but am scheduled to take the test this December.
    Last edited by jasmine.stone; 09-27-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Default 2011 Risk Adjustment ICD-9-CM codes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoravecz View Post
    Hi! I work with Risk Adjustment as well so periodically check the forums here to see if there are any conversations happening relative to HCCs. Someone started an HCC group a few months back but I can't locate it now It's probably out there somewhere... In the meantime, what points of interest would you like to discuss? I have a question for you: depending on how long you've been in the Risk Adjustment/HCC field, can you tell me at what point CMS will adjust their current ICD-9 HCC codes to the ICD-9 changes implemented 10/1? Historically, are they pretty timely with that update?

Thanks,
    Jennifer
    For anyone interested, the 2011 Risk Adjustment/HCC ICD-9-CM codes have been posted to the CMS website:
    http://www.cms.gov/MedicareAdvtgSpec....asp#TopOfPage
    Past Vice President/Education Officer (2012/2011) of Professional Coders of Central Pennsylvania (PCOCPA), Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Past President/President-Elect (2009/2008) of Professional Coders of Tidewater, Chesapeake, Virginia

Default HCC social group
    Quote Originally Posted by serhaug View Post
    I am also a risk adjustment/HCC coder. I have a social group set up on this site, too, for HCC coders, though it's really not very active. However, feel free to contact me privately at serhaug@gmail.com

Glad to see there are more of us out here....thanks for speaking up!
    serhaug, please refresh my memory on how to find this social group! I can't remember!!

8. Default Risk coding
    I'd love to network and toss questions back and forth with other Risk Coders (HCC is what I'm working on). My contact is amandarmorgan@charter.net