Did your doctor collect a specimen for path examination?
Any non-obstetrical D & C procedure necessarily involves collecting curettage specimen for path.
your case did not stop with the diagnostic Hysteroscopy but went for surgical.
Sending the specimen or taking the specimen by D& C , is another word for biopsy of endometrium (with or without D&C). It doesn't have to involve polypectomy too to assign for 58558.
So as for my openion, it correctly fits into 58558 because it covers Hysteroscopy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join