CMS stated that you could not crosswalk the codes and the visit level is to be based on the guidelines (95 or 97) for the type of encounter, inpatient, or office visit new or established. ER visits when you are requested to see a patient in the ER are to be coded using the ER visit levels. You are not converting the the visit levels, as consultation services do not exist for medicare (and carriers following CMS policy), you are assigning the appropriate level for the type of service rendered.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join