I am having a lot of problems lately getting J3420 paid. Here's how we'll bill it:
J3420 x2 units
Medicare keeps giving us a rejection of CO151. I finally got some info out of a Medicare rep that it has to do with the Units billed. I noticed that when we bill J3420 x1 unit.. it gets paid. We're billing the correct DX code too. I checked LCD for that. 281.0. BUT, the LCD doesn't give me anymore information than that on really how many units the pt can receive. I've read on a coding site one time say limit is once per month...I get that...need info on the UNITS.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS? If anyone has a link to anything that can tell me Units that is allowed and so forth. I know we can get this paid. Just want to know how! Furthermore, if we can only bill for 1 unit. I need the info to share with our physicians.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join