I would think you would want to code the intended procedure which was the colonoscopy (especially if this was a screening or the patient is being brought back in for a barium enema). If you code the colonoscopy I don't think you would code the lesser procedure (sigmoidoscopy) since it is part of the bigger procedure. So, I'm thinking 45385-74 & 45380-59-74. I could be way off base, but that's my logic. I hope this didn't make things worse...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join