I would bill 24071 (modifier RT) which is subcutaneous. 24073 is going under the fascia or within the muscle. It sounds like doc didn't go under the fascial plane. 214.1 would be the diagnosis code. You would be correct in thinking the layered closure is inclusive. CPT guidelines at the front of the Musculoskeletal System state simple or intermediate repair is inclusive. Complex repair is seperately billable.
Hope this helps.
Eagle Eye, CPC, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join