AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Saline lift polypectomy

Question Saline lift polypectomy

AAPC: Back to School
    I was under the impression that when the Dr. used saline to lift a polyp prior to the snare, the injection could not be billed. I just heard differently. Can anyone let me know how they deal with this situation? Thanks in advance.

Default saline injection

I just listened to an AAPC webinar and it gave the code 45381 (colonoscopy with direct submucosal injection) [saline utilized to lift polyp]
    that statement seems to indicate the injection is included (if this is what you were referring to).

Question also Help with INJ

We are getting conflicting info re: this. We were under the impression that 45381 does not need a modifier. We've also billed it with 51 either for saline lift or also india ink being used. ect.. We are getting denials for leaving the modifier on and off. Can anyone help with this? Thank you

Here's an example what would you do with 45381, 45385, 45380 all billed for same procedure. Also 45380, 45381. Thank you

Default need modifier 59

45385 (snare) + 45381-59 (injection) paid without problem.

Similar Threads

1. How to bill Colo w/EMR Snare/Saline Lift Inject
    By CBaez in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 12:18 PM
  2. LIFT Procedure-anybody doing them?
    By acbarnes in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 07:21 AM
  3. Axial Lift
    By Lina in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1