Patient has a comprehensive history and exam.
They are an est pt, came in with nasal congestion, discharge, and cough.
Pt dx with sinusitis. Prescription was given.
Would you give the MDM a low or high?
I just started on primary care work (different from Cardiology) and I am trying to determine if a sinus infection would warrant a level 4 ov.
The sinus infection is a new dx but I was told by someone else that it would be considered a minor problem (1 point for dx).
Can anyone assist me with this?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join