Q. Can they be billed together on the same DOS??
Q. Is there a code that should be billed in place of the 3 codes??
Shiela - "I have searched the internet and cannot find any information.
We have an insurance denial saying that "professional fees not allowed" and should not be billed separately."
A. If the insurance company in question follows CMS guidelines (ask them). Then you should point them to the Medicare fee schedule. If the commercial insurance company does not follow CMS guidelines and you are non-par; then make it patient responsibility.
If I may, what insurance company is saying this?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join