Supra cervical Hysterectomy is nothing but Sub total hysterectomy.
So code +59525 in addtion to the primary procedural code.
To give the appropriate diag. code, we need to have the operative notes to pin point the indication for hysterctomy like atony of the uterus/was it a couveliere uterus due to abruptio, or palcenta percreta/accreta like reasons, or was it due the cesarean itself due to major blood vessel spurting or coagualtion failure, HELLP Syndrome and so on so forth. So the real scenerio of what was happening at the OR is important to assign a code. I think 666.1 is very diffuse to fix, either.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join