Liability insurance

Default Liability insurance
    Exam Training Packages
    Hi Friends!
    I was checking out one of the job postings and it mentioned that I would need to have my own liability insurance. Does this mean if I want to be a remote coder from home, I need liability insurance? Does anyone know anything about this and could let me know what I need to do? Help is much appreciated!!
    Tesja Erickson, CPC, CPMA COBGC, CEMC
    The Coding Surgeon
    Medical Documentation & Coding Consultant
    codingsurgeon@tesja.com
    2012 AAPC Idaho Falls Chapter President
    2011 AAPC Idaho Falls Chapter President-Elect

2. Default
    Hello, to be a remote coder, having liability insurance is not a requirement for some companies. I think if your working as a independent contractor it is beneficial to have it. I have worked remote for 4+ years and its never been a requirement. However I am planning to obtain coverage myself soon. I think it justs depends on the company and their requirements for remote coders. AAPC does have a company out there thats listed under member savings & benefits that offers professional liability insurance. Hope this helps!!!!

3. Default
    If you're looking for liability insurance you might want to check with your car insurance provider or home owners ins provider to see if they offer it. They might have a multi-policy discount so you could get it cheaper.

4. Default
    Thanks everyone for the information!!

Thanks everyone!
    Tesja Erickson, CPC, CPMA COBGC, CEMC
    The Coding Surgeon
    Medical Documentation & Coding Consultant
    codingsurgeon@tesja.com
    2012 AAPC Idaho Falls Chapter President
    2011 AAPC Idaho Falls Chapter President-Elect

Default advice from remote coders wanted
    Hi Everyone,
    I am looking into remote coding and before I take that huge step I would like to hear from other professionals who are there. Any advice pro and cons to the job and any leads would be helpful.
    Thanks, Michelle CPC my email is palaroonie@yahoo.com
    Last edited by palaroonie@yahoo.com; 10-08-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: posted in wrong place

Default Liability
    We have an attorrney coming out to speak on this topic on Monday May 21, 2012. I will ask this question.

Quote Originally Posted by tmerickson View Post
    Hi Friends!
    I was checking out one of the job postings and it mentioned that I would need to have my own liability insurance. Does this mean if I want to be a remote coder from home, I need liability insurance? Does anyone know anything about this and could let me know what I need to do? Help is much appreciated!!
    Belinda Ziegman M.A. CPC

Southern Appalachian Coders, Johnson City, TN
    Default Liability Insurance
    I am trying to locate on the AAPC website for professional liability insurance as I am expanding and feel the need to protect my personal property from any law suit. Would someone help me with this? I have searched the product/vendors - I have used the Search, but nothing comes up.

Thanks for any help,
    Sharon

9. Default Liability insurance
    Did you find anything out on this? I am looking into this as well, but don't know where to begin.
    Thanks!
    srw1970 CPC

10. Default
    Marsh Insurance offers liability coverage through AAPC. It is relatively inexpensive and you should have it if you do any private work at all.

You can find information here
    http://www.aapc.com/resources/member...insurance.aspx

Good luck!