Hello, to be a remote coder, having liability insurance is not a requirement for some companies. I think if your working as a independent contractor it is beneficial to have it. I have worked remote for 4+ years and its never been a requirement. However I am planning to obtain coverage myself soon. I think it justs depends on the company and their requirements for remote coders. AAPC does have a company out there thats listed under member savings & benefits that offers professional liability insurance. Hope this helps!!!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join