92551 is for screening, -air only-pt responds to tones at different pitches with earphones
(limited study only a few diff tones are used) if pt fails then additional testing would be
needed. If you do additional testing at that time , you would need to do a series of
tones at different pitches and intensity, the threshold of the lowest intensity that the pt can hear at approx 50% of the time is the used as baseline for testing both ears at that
level. That is when you would code a 99522.
hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join