I would need to see the documentation to give you an accurate answer.
Are the two physicians of different specialties?
Pediatrician admits 3 YO boy to inpatient status due to fever with seizure.
Within an hour patient deteriorates and is transferred to PICU under care of Intensivist.
Dr Ped bills 9922x. (level based on documentation)
Dr PICU bills 99475. NOTE Patient must be critically ill and physician must be providing critical care.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join