You are correct, they are are listed under the Cardiovascular section of the 1997 Examination elements; as a coder, I count them under the CV section and not MS section, even though they are documented under the MS section. Sometimes we need to make those adjustments. Kind of the same strategy as pulling HPI elements from a note that has CC, HPI, ROS, and hx all lumped together- we use our coding skills to divide and conquer! I would send your provider a message with your concerns - if s/he changes, great, if not, just count them in the system/body area they are from.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join