Yes , you are right in the sense that 537.89 though in the Index given under gastric, it does not describe the real scenerio.
so we would go for the real situation what occurred there. the torsion or rotation of the stomach/ bowel happens as a consequence of [B]Mesentric Rotation- [rotation on its mesentric axis into an abnormal position.
/B] basically(its embryonal anatomical evolution).
Mesentric Rotaion or torsion is the basic pathology occuring in torsion gastric/ bowel/ intestines etc. this is otherwise called VOLVULUS (of the site it occurs). Generally and most commonly volvulus occurs in intestines but stomach is not excempted.
So you look for VOLVULUS or MESENTRIC ROTATION- You arrive at 560.2
Hope it solves your search
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join