According to the CPT, Codes 99050-99060 are reported in addition to an associated basic service. Typically only one code per patient encounter, however, there are special circumstances where more than one can be reported on a case by case basis.
I would say that since the definition says "in addition to basic service" you should not bill 99051 alone. Since this is already an "add on code" you should not need a modifier.
Any other thoughts out there?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join