I, personally, use the Ingenix ICD-9 books so I'm unfamiliar with Decision Health ICD-9. I've always coded accelerated htn as malignant since that is what my books have pointed to. I went ahead and did some searching, to get some info on what accelerated htn should be coded to, anyway. Everything I found pretty much said the same thing. If the diagnosis is documented as malignant or accelerated htn, the correct code would be 401.0.
Here are some of the articles that I found.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join