The CMS website ( http://www.cms.gov/McrPartBDrugAvgSa....asp#TopOfPage) publishes the ASP on a quarterly basis.
You may want to check that you are billing the correct number of units for the drug administered according to the description - make sure you aren't losing due to improper conversions.
Also, if there is a generic form available and your company purchases brands, that could skew the reimbursement as most payers will set their allowable based on the ASP for the generic form.
The undertaking is no small task and I understand the pain you are going through. I've been involved in a similar project and it is enough to make your head spin!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join