AAPC - Back to school

Thread: adnexal cyst.. dx code...??

Default adnexal cyst.. dx code...??

AAPC: Back to School
    What dx code would you use for a adnexal cyst?

not sure if this helps you or not.....

Marci A. Giardina, CPC

I would code 614.2

614.2 is infected Cysts, including TOMass. Since your description did not specify that, we can not give this code because there are other cysts like gartners cyst, para ovarian/ para tubal cysts
    More appropriate is 620.8 , becuase all the cysts of the adenexa could be contained into it- including those which are not of ovarian or tubal origin and it all the more includes Broad Ligment cysts also, wherein the Gartners cysts, paratubal and praovarian cysts are all included- in other words it describes the ADENEXAL CYSTS what ever the etiology be.

If you can give more info, we can fix it up better and more to the point.

Age of the patient is also important. If it is a child or younger age group children, 752.11 can also be thought more acccurately because this describes one of embryonal origin
    I feel this makes more clinical sense.
    Last edited by preserene; 10-07-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Ann Arbor, MI

How did you find 6208? Meaning the coding path? I see this is what I would use for this type of cyst but how in the world do you find it?

7. Default santhosh_kuna

For adnexal cyst would like to code 621.8, Adenexa is part of uterus so I feel this is the appropriate code. (cyst, uterus also leading to same code)..

I would probably go with 625.8 or 620.8. The adnexa is the area adjoining the uterus that contains the ovary and fallopian tube, as well as associated vessels, ligaments, and connective tissue.

Hope this helps,
    Mary Wells, CPC, RCC