I would definitely code this from the 114xx section as it is an epidermal cyst, not a breast tissue cyst.
However the physician MUST dictate the dimension in order to be able to code this accurately. This can be done as an addendum if the original operative note is already signed. It's NOT going to be 11403 in any case, because the incision is 2 cm long, so the cyst cannot be 2.1-3.0 cm.
Don't forget to code the layered closure of that 2 cm incision.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join