According to CPT assistant April 2000,
When endomyocardial biopsy is performed in conjunction with a diagnostic cardiac cath then code 93505 should be reported in addition to the component cardiac cath codes.
But if the physician performs the cardiac cath only as a means of obtaining the endomyo cardial biopsy, and does not perform a separate diagnostic heart catheterization, then only the endomyo-cardial biopsy would be reported.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join