I think this is a solid 99213.
You have a detailed history, expanded problem focused exam (95 guidelines). The MDM could be argued to be moderate but I lean towards low.
The foot is established so 1 point, the chest contusion I would call self limited or minor and also 1 point. You have rx management since he said to continue the abx. It could be argued that the chest contusion is a new problem with no work up which would give you moderate MDM instead of low. That would make this a 99214 but I think that would be pushing it.
Just my take on it,
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join