AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Request to Physicians to be more decriptive in their dictation for billing and coding

Question Request to Physicians to be more decriptive in their dictation for billing and coding

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello All,

I need to draw up a letter for my physicians to dictate very specific. I find that most of them are dictating one or two sentences for follow up visits. I need them to dictate the diagnosis and be very descriptive of the visit. Do any of you have a generic letter I can use as a guide to help me get started?

Thanking you in advance,

Default Appropriate coding

Are these physicians charging office visits? If so, an easy and effective way to communicate the inappropriate coding is to perform a mini-audit. Depending on the physician volume of your office, randomly select 5-10 encounters, do a paper audit, and share your findings. Even though only 2 of 3 areas have to be met to meet a established viist, DG specifically state all three areas have to be addressed in order to count for a visit. In this way, you can communicate in a way that will get their attention: Through the money.

Barbie Hays
    Coding Manager

Similar Threads

1. Billing with Medical students dictation??
    By l1ttle_0ne in forum E/M
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 03:12 PM
  2. Physicians coding/billing
    By seslinger in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 09:48 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 02:59 PM
  4. Mid Level Physicians coding and Private ins. Billing
    By 123smile4me@gmail.com in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0