Are these physicians charging office visits? If so, an easy and effective way to communicate the inappropriate coding is to perform a mini-audit. Depending on the physician volume of your office, randomly select 5-10 encounters, do a paper audit, and share your findings. Even though only 2 of 3 areas have to be met to meet a established viist, DG specifically state all three areas have to be addressed in order to count for a visit. In this way, you can communicate in a way that will get their attention: Through the money.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join