There are only 2codes available for ablation.
Your Hysteroscopy code goes with 58563.
Bill for completed procedure 58558 and 58563 with modifier 52 attached to it; (sequence them in the order of highest payment). Also V code to show that the procedure was aborted; and a report -documentaion- showing a 'dictate' in their operative notes how much of the service or procedure they had planned to render was actually completed, and do so in terms of a percentage. The idea is to give the payer a guide to what might be appropriate reimbursement, especially when a service is reduced.
Provide a detailed, accurate, easily understandable documentation
Billing the higher level procedure is better. In your case the 58563 is the one aborted procedure
Aborted or discontinued ASC surgical procedures," instructs hospitals to report the appropriate ICD-9-CM diagnosis code (V64.1, V64.2, or V64.3) on the bill. If the procedure was discontinued before or after anesthesia was induced, report the procedure using the appropriate CPT/HCPCS code with a modifier. Modifiers 73 an d74 not for Physician's office.
But contact insurers to verify correct coding procedures prior to submitting claims.
Will have to prepare manual bills if the billing system will not "allow" the reporting of a V64 diagnosis and CPT code.
I feel we need another expert openion for this who have great experience in billing.
You are most welcome to throw more light upon this
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join