I am just needing a second opinion on how to charge this visit. We have done this several different ways and I am interested to see what somebody else thinks. We had a patient come in for a laceration repair. The wound was too jagged to repair with suturing, so the physician used Dermabond. Steri-strips are billed under the appropriate E&M level, but what about the dermabond? Is the dermabond considered a tissue adhesive (eg cyanoacrylate) then indicating we should billed 12001? I appreciate the help!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join