I struggled with this for a long time.
My facility does external audits 4 times a year and I got dinged with this pretty bad two audits ago.
Basically if the doctor states "history of" and they're not taking anthing such as tamoxifen or femera I code it using the V code that describes what sort of treatment they had recieved using my current dos notes and then the history of code.
Coding Clinic, July - August 1985 Page: 16
Coding Clinic, Fourth Quarter 1997, Page 50
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join