AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Knee Arthroscopy with autograft

Default Knee Arthroscopy with autograft

AAPC: Back to School

I need some help...Procedure is a Rt knee arthroscopic ACL reconstruction with autograft and allograft.

2nd procedure - Arthroscopic Rt knee partial medial meniscetomy and knee injection for post op pain.

The codes I have is 29888-RT and 29882-RT. I am unsure whether the autograft and allograft can be coded seperately? The autograft was for tendons taken from the patients hamstring, but for reinforcement they also used allograft.

Also, can the major joint injection be coded or would that be bundled into the procedure?

partial medial meniscectomy code would be 29881--29882 is for a repair only. injections 20610 is on the CCI with 29881-29882 so can not be billed separately.

29888 description "Coding Companion for Orthopaedics--Hips and below"includes an allograft or autograft in its description. Our hospital bills for the grafts not the physician.

Hope this helps

I agree with Betty.

29888, 29881. Not 20610. If 20610 was done on say shoulder then yes you could bill for it separate because it is on a totally different body part.
    Definitely cannot bill for post op pain, it is inclusive.

Makes sense..Thank you both!!

Similar Threads

1. Autograft of the knee
    By rjenn86 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2015, 01:01 AM
  2. Knee Arthroscopy
    By kellit21 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 02:33 PM
  3. Knee arthroscopy
    By madgejones10 in forum Orthopaedics