I actually have the same issue going on this week. This is what I found on Dr.Z website:
Hope this helps!
ZHealth Online Q&A 2242
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Question: Your coding book and coding site are the best that I have ever found. I was unable to find an answer to this question in your book. Could you help me? Would this be coded as 32551? TECHNIQUE: The patient's existing chest tube was cut, wire was placed, and then a new 12 French APD catheter is then inserted. The chest tube was re-manipulated toward the right upper lateral lung zone. This was hooked back up to suction. IMPRESSION: Successful repositioning and re-exchange for a larger chest tube on the right side.
Answer: I would use unlisted chest procedure code 32999 to describe a chest tube exchange and repositioning. Dr.z
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join