As the patient had already undergone mastectomy and now undergoing resection of excessive axillary tissue and not the breast tissue from the mastectomy incisions through elliptical incisions, I feel this should be coded as scar revision and not as mammoplasty or chest wall tumor excision.
The CPT codes should be from series 13131-13133 (depending upon the total size of scars) and the diagnosis should be 709.2.
Would this be of some help?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join