I would use the 28122- I was taught "bossing" is same as exostosis.
You will have to pick your codes- then look to see if codes are included with each other(under medicare or commercial)
my orthopaedic dictionary definition for bossing (28122) is "rounded prominence of bone that is abnormally visible under the skin" - exostosis "excess bone formation"
It may not necessarily be "visible" but they are both bony prominences.
I would think 28122 would be most appropriate, I would not code something the doc specifically says is an exostosis, as a tumor or cyst.
Sounds good right?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join