yes and yes!!
You can most certainly bill for a Nebulizer Treatment (CPT 94640) you can also bill out for the pulse oximeter (94760) if you are checking the childs O2 stats before,between and/or after the treatments.
As far as the modifers, it really depends on the payer. It SHOULD not per CPT guidlines, but the reality is payers will bundle and state inclusive. Most payers will pay for me when I use a 25 on the office visit. Some want the 59 on the 94640. I even have 1 insurance co who wants the 25 on the o.v and a 59 on the procedure.
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join