All you have to do is query the doctor about what size excision was required to completely remove the mass. You should also query him about how deep he had to excise (ie, dermis, subq, facia, or bone)
your cpt book for 2010 outlines this specifically in the beginning of the musculoskeletal section. If you are using an older book, it wont be there because these are new rules that went into effect in 2010.
Caprice -- cpc
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join