This is a tricky situation. I am going through the same thing as you are.
Well here it goes; When a pt has Regular Medicare; as long as the attending DR says i have seen & examing the pt, then you can split/share. If the attending does not state that, then you must give all credit to the pa or nurse practioner.
As for Medicare HMO's, the dr must state that, or you cannot bill the visit at all under the pa or nurse practioner. Hope this helps!!! Good Luck!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join