If two separate procedures at the same session, but undertaken one after the other by these two surgeons only,
then: Say Dr.A was Primary surgeon and Dr. B was assisitant surgeon for procedure X.
For this X procudure code , Dr.A would be claiming his bill modifier 80-for Asst Surgeon Dr.B
Dr. B was the primary surgeon for ProcedureY assisted by Dr.A, then Dr.B would claim his bill with Y procedure code; modifier 80- for assistant Surgeon Dr.A
Hope it is understandable
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join