The paravertebral facet joint nerves do notinnervate the SI joint. There are no paravertebral facet jointsbelow the L5-S1 facet joint. Coding for performance of destruction of some branches that innervate the SI joint such as L5, S1, S2 and S3,which are not paravertebral facet joint nerves;so 64622 and 64623, is not correct, I believe.
More accurately may be with 64640 or 64999., Depending on the procedure performed, upto dorsal ramus of the L5, 64622 and 64623 would appropriate. the remaining would go for 64640(Destruction by neurolytic agent; other peripheral nerveor branch) or an unlisted code, such as 64999 (Unlistedprocedure, nervous system) may be better.
I hope this helps to calculate better.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join